- 2 cups self raising gluten free flour*
- 1 cup finely grated carrot (1 medium to large carrot should do it)
- 1 cup steamed corn kernels
- 125ml coconut milk
- 125ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, then put the corn, oil, milk and eggs into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add to large bowl, stir in carrot, then sift flour and salt, then fold through wet mix
- spoon into greased or lined muffin tins (I use mini ones and get 24)and bake for 12-15 minutes (for small, 15-20 for standard cupcake size) or until just changing colour and firm yet springy to the touch.
*A note on substitution: I use a self raising gluten free flour because many baking powders have gluten in them, and I just find it easier. This could easily be replaced with a wholegrain flour such as spelt, and about 4 teaspoons of baking powder. If you want to make it easier, use tinned sweetcorn. Coconut milk could easily be replaced by any other milk, e.g. rice milk, cows milk, even camel milk (yes, we get that here in Dubai). The olive oil could be replaced with 125g butter, 125ml of extra virgin coconut oil, etc etc.
If you want to be naughty after you’ve made these healthyish treats, spread some butter on the inside and sprinkle with salt. Mmmm….