Once upon a time, when transport had hooves, there was a villa beside the one-lane Barceolona-Madrid highway….
Photostory – notes below.
- Accommodation Style: Bed and Breakfast
- Rooms: 7 (inc. one suite)
- Price: €55 to €150
- Facilities: Wifi, AC, Garden, Outdoor pool, day-spa (basic – really just in-room Massage), Restaurant, Free parking, Meeting/banquet facilities, Fax/photocopying Chapel/shrine, Heating.
- Languages: Spanish, English, Catalan
- Perfect for: Weddings (the whole shebang from the ceremony to the party after), Winery touring
- Also not bad for: Romantic breaks, business meetings, a quick break from Barcelona with the family.
- Pros: Lovely owner who is also head of a local culinary guild (Gall Blau), full of interesting nooks and crannies, lovely communal areas, and a mini-bar in the lounge which happened to be stacked with luscious Albarino when I visited. Gorgeous 14th Century house with many tiny charming features. Super morning coffee.
- Cons: Slightly industrial area near the edge of the highway, however the noise is by-and-large blocked by vegetation.
- Nearest Airport: Barcelona (less than 1hr drive)
- Things to do in the area: Visit Pobla de Claramunt or other castles of Anoia, the Paper museum, tour Penedes wineries including introducing yourself to the finer points of Cava (Sant Sadurni d’Anoia – full of Cava Caves is nearby), climb Montserrat (half an hour’s drive), and plenty of natural activity by the way of trekking, ballooning, horse riding, cycling and more.
- Bookings: Internal only via Website, Phone: 93 801 03 30 or email: email@example.com
*A guide to ratings: These take into account the price, quality, service and the facilities, and in effect are a value rating.
- 0-2/10 = exceptionally overpriced. Avoid at all costs, even if it means travelling to stay elsewhere overnight.
- 3-5/10 = overpriced in respect to quality. Don’t stay unless there are no other options.
- 6-7/10 = reasonable value. Check other options in the area just in case, but not a bad choice over-all.
- 8-9/10= worth seeking out. Great value in respect to the offer, one of if not the best option in the area.
- 10/10= super place. Stop what you’re doing, book a plane ticket and go there now.
This is the second in an experimental series of posts to see if photo content is as worthwhile as text. I’d love to hear your opinions!