- 4 cups (Schar Patisserie) gluten free flour
- 8 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ¾ cup rice milk
- ¾ cup canola (rapeseed) oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp lavender buds (or 3-4 full flowers)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- a few drops of red and blue food colouring (You will probably need more red than blue, as the latter is usually stronger.)
- Put lavender and rice milk in a saucepan on the stove and set at a medium heat. Preheat oven to 180.
- Beat eggs and oil until smooth, then add honey, vanilla and finally the rest of the dry ingredients, until you only have one cup of flour left.
- Milk should be gently simmering by now and have a good lavender flavour. Strain, then add slowly to the cake mix, alternating with the final cup of flour.
- Pour into a greased bundt tin or cake tin, and cook for 35 minutes or 50 minutes respectively, or until cake tests done with a spike.
- Cool, then whisk up frosting ingredients and pour over cake. If desired, sprinkle with lavender buds.
Note: the honey does not need to be lavender honey. In fact, if you do use lavender honey, please use less lavender in the milk infusion to compensate. Lavender has a very strong flavor and it can overwhelm easily.